Window Well Grates
Window well safety grates are designed to keep people and pets from falling into an egress window well while allowing escape from below. They allow ventilation and natural light to enter your basement, and are easy to open for egress routes.
The safety grate is made of rolled angle iron steel and steel safety bars. It is designed to hold the weight of standard foot traffic. Window well grates can also be powder coated with an earth tone color that will fit in with your home’s natural landscape.
Window Well Covers
An egress window well cover is made of polycarbonate plastic and is designed to be used along with the safety grate. It is used to keep debris, animals, and excess water out of the window well. We also offer a premium cover that is UV coated and can also hold up to 500 pounds.
The ability to climb out of a below-grade room and escape the home in the instance of a fire or other emergency is paramount. An egress ladder is essential to proper basement egress when there are no steps available. The safety ladder is designed to assist people in an emergency escape or egress. The safety ladder hangs in the back of the Easy-Well and is required in area wells that are deeper than 44” per IRC 2003.
Egress Astro Window
- +40 Low-E Argon.
- Swings-in to exit in an emergency
- Vents like a standard single-hung window.
- One-hand operation for quick exit.
- Sash is double-weather stripped to protect from outside weather infiltration.
- Half fiberglass bug screen.
- Fully braced and wrapped.
- Available in Left or Right swing
Euro Style Tilt and Turn Window
- Tilts inward for easy cleaning and ventilation; wings-in to exit in an emergency
- 3/4″ Low-E glass for added thermal efficiency.
- Welded sash with powder-coated handles for ease of operation.
- Full screen is removable from the inside.
- Available in Left or Right swing.
BILCO is the leading name in basement access doors, providing a number of sizes, colors, and styles to accentuate your home’s exterior. Available in either heavy-duty 14-gauge steel or high-density polyethylene, BILCO doors add a layer of security to your basement areaway while lending convenient egress and ingress. Optional keyed locked kits, foundation plates, and weatherstripping only enhance the longevity and utility of these time-honored products.