European Style Tilt and Turn Windows
Looking for an egress solution that is multifunctional as it is attractive? The tilt and turn window could be your ticket. Tilt and turn windows combine the functionality of a top-venting hopper window (tilting outward) with an in-swinging casement window (turning inward), all in one package.
Since their invention in 1950s Germany, turn and tilt windows have become the standard across Europe — which is why you’ll often see them referred to as “European-style” windows. Here in America, they’re becoming a staple for basement egress. We’ve partnered with DenCo European windows and doors to bring you that same German-engineered quality to our side of the Atlantic.
Tilt and Turn Window Features
Tilt and turn windows offer a number of appealing features.
- Sash tilts outward for all-weather ventilation
- Sash turns inward for effortless egress and cleaning
- ¾” low-e glass for superior insulation and energy efficiency
- Welded sash provides excellent seal to frame
- Powder-coated handles allow for firm grasp and ease of operation
- Removable bug screen for full venting in casement mode
- Attractive minimalist design, ideal for modern home renovations and updates
- Left- or right-hinged models available
Basement egress windows from Egress Solutions
Increase airflow, natural lighting, and function to your basement while also meeting egress requirements with beautiful, sturdy European-style tilt and turn windows from Egress Solutions.
Our distribution network proudly serves New Jersey, Delaware, Southern New York, and Eastern and Central Pennsylvania.